Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Light Bulb Ghosts


I started making a list over the summer of ghost crafts that I wanted to make this Halloween season.  One of the first ideas I wrote down was "Light bulb Ghosts" after I had changed a light bulb in our house and couldn't throw it away.  I thought, "There must be a way to turn this into a ghost."

Over 10 other ideas were crossed off my list but "Light bulb Ghosts" were still at the top. I couldn't figure our how I wanted to turn the light bulb into a ghost. Yesterday, I finally had an idea that I wanted to try.  I was pleased with the results, but my wife and daughter thought they looked a little silly. (Let me know what you think!)

An old light bulb and a paper cup. That is what I wanted to use to make my ghost.
I cut off the bottom of the cup and then trimmed the height until it fit around the light bulb the way I wanted. Do not trim too much because the end of your light bulb will stick out the bottom.
I cut slits all the way around the top of the cup.
Then I taped the ends of a piece of fishing line to opposites sides of the inside of the cup. I did this so I could hang my light bulb ghost. You wouldn't need to do this if you just wanted your light bulb ghosts to sit on a table or a mantle.
I ran hot glue around the edge and then pressed the light bulb into the cup.  If you don't have hot glue you could just use clear tape.
Then, I drew on the ghost faces with a Sharpie marker.
Ooooooooo!
(I like them!!)

3 comments:

  1. Good " green " idea, just threw out some old light bulbs.

    Grace of the blog " life Is Beautiful".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a little behind on my blogging since I was out of town, but you probably already know that you were featured at Diana Rambles on the 18th! You've been pinned!!

    ReplyDelete