Friday, October 11, 2013

Ghost T-Shirts


My family received many compliments on our ghost t-shirts during our time at the Earth Fare Community Block Party. I wanted to share with you how we made them so you could make your own ghost t-shirts for Halloween.

First, draw a ghost on a piece of corrugated cardboard.  I traced one of the Three Ghost Friends. It may not matter with your t-shirt design, but I had to keep in mind that I needed my image to be traced backward (mirror image) on the cardboard so that it was the right way once it was stamped on the t-shirt. 
Next, I used an x-acto knife to remove a layer of the cardboard from where I didn't want white paint to show up on my t-shirt.  In this case I wanted the eyes and the mouth to be black, not white.
We purchased white screen print ink and my son brushed it on the cardboard ghost stamp.
Then, he flipped over the stamp and pushed it down on the t-shirt.
We let the ink dry and then I ironed the image to make sure it was set in the fabric. When ironing,  I placed a piece of blank paper to cover the image then ironed on top of the paper.
Lookin' good!
This is the best picture I have of my shirt. I splatted mine with colored screen print paint.
It turned out pretty cool!
Only 20 Days until Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment